After hearing many of you try out my winter warmer tray bake recipe (lovely comments such as "I loved the recipe it's so easy!" and "I'm going to try and eat more vegetarian food!") this weeks recipe is a tasty treat!
Banana and cinnamon loaf
Prep time: 15 - 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes (depending on the oven)
140g butter, softened, plus extra if you are going to grease the loaf tin!
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 heaped teaspoons of ground cinnamon
(For alternatives to see below!)
You will need:
-A loaf tin (medium size for example 20cm x 12.5cm/8in x 5in loaf)
-x2 mixing bowls and spoon/ mixer
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into one of the mixing bowls.
3. Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy in a second mixing bowl
4. Beat the eggs together with a fork
5. Mash the bananas up in another bowl
6. Add the eggs, mashed bananas, to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
7. Add in the flour mixture and mix well
8. Sprinkle x2 tea spoons of cinnamon into the mixture and mix well to finish (or your alternatives)
9. Use butter to grease the load tin, or place baking paper in the loaf tin
10. Add the mixture to the loaf tin and place in the oven (middle shelf) for approx. 40 minutes
11. To test if the loaf is done place a knife in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean it’s ready! If it’s not it needs a little longer
12. Once done, remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes before taking it out of the tin and onto a plate or a wire rack
Options: Add in walnuts (chopped up) or a handful of fresh blueberries work well to the cake mixture before cooking instead of cinnamon!
Eat warm with a tea or coffee for the perfect (mainly) healthy snack
Next week is…Soup recipe as I love soups :)